A HISTORICAL RIDE TO MY LAI MASSACRE
Visit one of Vietnam’s most significant memorial sites. In a quiet suburban area of Quang Ngai province a village remains a memorial to the 504 civilians that lost their lives in 1968 during the My Lai massacre. The incident became public knowledge an 1969 and prompted widespread outrage around the world.
- Drive to a small Vietnamese town and have local drip coffee
- Have a guided visit to reflect on the war and the horrific of My Lai massacre
8:00 AM - Your jeep and guide will meet you at your hotel. Your tour begins with the journey to My Lai through stunning local villages in Quang Nam before we join Highway 1. We take a break en route for a local drip coffee in a small Vietnamese town.
Arrive at the site of the famous My Lai memorial site, where your village guide will take you to visit the house of evidence, a museum housing documents, photos and artifacts from the war. You will hear the stories of the horrific atrocities that once happened here and how the village has since recovered. In a town where almost every family has been met by loss, it is genuinely uplifting to see how they have overcome the past, with hope for a better future. We also spend time at Chu Lai the site of the former US military base before lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, we take the scenic route back to Hoi An with a stop at the Thien An Mountain and the Tam Thanh mural village en-route. Free & easy at Tam Thanh beach. Enjoy a light meal with seafood before heading back to Hoi An.
- A jeep can carry only 2 people with guide (3 people without guide) and driver.
- Guests are advised to bring small bag during tour. There is no space on jeep to store luggage. A small surcharge will be applied in case you travel with luggage.
|Size of Group||1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
(USD ~ 183)
(USD ~ 101)
(USD ~ 102)
(USD ~ 91)
(USD ~ 77)
(USD ~ 82)
- Private transfer with experienced driver
- Service of English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee: My Lai Massacre
- Light meal with seafood
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expense
- Travel Insurance
- Other services not mentioned